Slack for Cloud Native Summit
What’s it about?
The Cloud Native Summit featuring Kubernetes Slack workspace is open to all event participants and is an extension of our event and webinar platform. Here you can find public channels on a range of topics and have the ability for 1:1 chats with other event participants to make real-world connections.
Session specific chat and questions for the presenters will be hosted on our webinar platform, On24.
- Click this link to join our Workspace
- Enter your email
- Check your email inbox – you should have received a confirmation email from Slack from email@example.com. If you don’t see the email, check your junk/spam folder.
- Finish setting up your account by adding your full name and creating a password. You’re all set!
Setting Up Your Profile
- Update your profile with your full name and pronouns (i.e. she/her, he/him, they/them)
- On your profile, add to “What I do” with any areas of focus or interest, also add any social media you want to share.
- Add a profile photo.
- Browse channels and connect with others! A full list of all channels can be found below.
- Download the mobile or desktop app to make your experience seamless.
We want everyone to have an enjoyable and productive time networking with other participants. Please read through these guidelines carefully and know that our event Code of Conduct applies to Slack as well.
- Be respectful to other participants, have a positive attitude, and keep it professional
- Use inclusive language when interacting with participants
- There are no dumb questions! Feel free to ask and answer questions! Be respectful of the questions that others ask.
- Be careful of posting private information and be mindful of what is included in any desktop screenshots posted
- Remember that slack is a public forum – any IP or protected information you share is out there for everyone to see
- No pitching, please. No marketing, advertising, or sales pitches will be allowed and may be removed by the moderators
- No third party links or links without context – these links may be moved at the discretion of the moderators
- Illegal activity is prohibited. This includes, but is not limited to pirated content, advice on jailbreaking software, or illegal bypasses of software security
- All posts on the Cloud Native Summit Slack workspace reflect the views and opinions of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views of D2iQ or Alcide. Attendees are solely responsible for anything they post.
If you experience or witness disrespectful behavior and would like a member of the Cloud Native Summit team to help resolve the issue in a respectful manner, please immediately bring it to the attention of an Event Team member.
The Cloud Native Summit team can be reached in the #help-desk channel, by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or DMing our moderators: Kyle – Event Team or Alexa – Event Team on Slack.
We reserve the right to deactivate accounts should any participant violate the Cloud Native Summit featuring Kubernetes Code of Conduct or Slack Community Guidelines.
#cloud-native-summit – This is the main channel for the Cloud Native Summit. Posts here will keep you up-to-date on the latest information and announcements.
#networking-lounge – Connect with other attendees and speakers here! Say hi to others, ask questions, share experiences – anything cloud native or K8s related goes here!
#help-desk – Event questions? Reporting an issue? Troubleshooting? This channel is staffed by the Cloud Native Summit team October 6 – 8, 7:30 AM – 1:30 PM PDT
#event-feedback – Have ideas on how we could make this event better? Want to share a kudos with the team or a speaker? Let us know here.
#kubernetes-chat – A place for K8s beginners to experts to ask questions and share knowledge.
#kubernetes-security – Want to talk security for K8s? This is the channel for that.
#off-topic – Need your fix on anything random? Here you can share your thoughts on music, movies, food, games, etc.
#ask-alcide – Want to learn more about Cloud Native Summit host Alcide? Ask a question here!
#ask-d2iq – Want to learn more about Cloud Native Summit host D2iQ? Ask a question here!
#ask-nonprofit-partners – Want to learn more about Cloud Native Summit nonprofit partners Black Girls Code, Out in Tech, or Direct Relief? Ask a question here!